Collapse   Cbox
Welcome!
What We're About
Welcome to the Cafe du Watchog, also called RPGen. We're a sandbox style Pokemon site with a focus on everyday life in the Pokemon world. Trainers, Pokemon, criminals, cosmic forces, and normal citizens are all welcome to join in the fun. Kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us!

Staff
Here to Help You
Admin Team
Steven

Moderators
Nied

Open Threads
Quickly Join an RP

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Make a Wish, Jirachi & Curtis
Jirachi
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 11:02 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Pokemon
Awards: None

To give you a quick summary of everything going on right now, for both the reader's sanity and my own:

Curtis was feeling a bit down about not being able to keep his own shit in check, so in a magic turn of events, he was blessed with three magic wishes by the Wish Pokemon, Jirachi. There was a catch, though - Curtis got two wishes with little to no backfire, but in exchange he would use his third wish to help Jirachi with some mysterious agenda. The two strike a deal, and Curtis uses his two wishes for some spectacular things: to send his Archeops back in time to it's own home, and to find his Gible, Tooth's mother.

A few months before this encounter though, Curtis had a run-in with a rogue member of Team Rocket, Pokemon hunter Derrin Chase. The young trainer unwittingly teamed up with the safari man to hunt down the previously mentioned mother Garchomp, and ended up barely escaping alive from the encounter. Chase won that encounter, but luckily for Curtis his second wish put him right back face-to-face with Chase again.

The encounter has been fucky so far - a lot of Rocket grunts have ended up dead, the mother Garchomp and Tooth have been reunited, and in the ensuing chaos of the breakout Jirachi was captured in a Master Ball by Chase before he could have a chance to do any retcon-ing on the situation.

Staring down the green-haired child with a wild kind of anger in his eyes, Chase takes a step towards Curtis. His hand reaches out for the newly captured Jirachi, but he's too slow to snag the ball before Curtis' Solosis telepathically snatches it up in front of him. He snarls, giving a sharp whistle over his shoulder as he watches the boy rise into the air.

"Ya think yer tough, eh? I bet ya thought about me, on all those nights ya reflected on how ya failed ta stop me last time, right? About how ya fucked th' pooch in savin' yer lil' friend, right?" The Tyranitar and Pincir stalk their way to their master's side, each one giving off excited snaps at the air in anticipation for the attack. Chase laughs, bringing his hands up on either side of himself in a dramatic fashion.

"Well, here I am boy! Right here in front'a ya! What're ya gonna do now, huh? Ya gonna stop me? Like ya stopped me before? YER NOT GONNA STOP NOTHIN'! Yer just a pathetic, worthless lil fuck, and y-"

The speech is cut short as a massive pair of fangs clamp down over the top half of Chase's body, his legs twisting and kicking frantically before rising into the air. Blood splatters down from the mother Garchomp's mouth as she tears the mangled meat in her mouth, and the unchewed half of the hunter's body flops down out of her jaws as she brings her head up. They twitch violently for a moment before going completely still, blood leaking out from the severed body in a large pool on the ground.

The Pincir and Tyranitar simply stare at the half of their trainer left, then to the Garchomp above them, and both turn tail immediately and run back for the warehouse. Once the massive dragon is finished devouring it's meal, it cranes it's neck down to glare at the other trainer. She lets loose a massive roar, the echo shaking the ground beneath Curtis, before taking a thundering step to position herself before him.

The Master Ball shakes in midair, but doesn't break.
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 11:18 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Cafe Patrons
Awards: 1

"I'm not afraid of you," Curtis shouted. "Go ahead and talk tough. But we're not letting you get away."

"You talk like a pirate!" Leo called back to Chase. Good one, Leo.

Curtis quickly picked up the second sword. That's right, he was going to meet Chase's challenge head-on. It was him, Leo, Hex, Phantom, and Rain, vs Chase and his Pokemon. Tyranitar and Pinsir joined Chase's side, ready to rumble.

"My Pokemon don't seem like much, but they're the bravest Pokemon I know," Curtis continued. "You don't scare us."

"Well, here I am boy! Right here in front'a ya! What're ya gonna do now, huh? Ya gonna stop me? Like ya stopped me before? YER NOT GONNA STOP NOTHIN'! Yer just a pathetic, worthless lil fuck, and y-"

HOLY FUCK HE JUST GOT ATE.

Curtis dropped Hex in surprise. Leo clutched at Curtis's hair tightly, Phantom's jaw dropped, and he almost broke his hold on Jirachi's Ball. Rain... didn't really look all that interested, aside from a bored gasp.

O-oh, okay. The Mamachomp was here, and she probably wanted revenge for them assisting her kidnapper. Curtis also captured her baby, trained it to fight and brought it right to Team Rocket's doorstep. What's more, Jirachi was captured, and none of them wanted to make a sudden movement and try freeing him. It was worrying.

"H-heeeey there, Mama Garchomp," Curtis said nervously. "I'm sorry about... everything. But I took care of your baby for you. And we all came here to help."

His eyes moved towards Jirachi's Master Ball. He was hoping that his thoughts could somehow telepathically reach Jirachi, or telekinetically force the PokeBall open. Sure would be a good time to develop spontaneous psychic powers.

Back to chompy. "If you want to eat me, that's fine. Prefer that you wouldn't, but... you know. Just don't eat my Pokemon?"

"Don't eat Curtis, you can eat me," Leo said.

"No, me."

"Eat me!"

"No, eat me instead!"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 11:46 PM

Advanced Member

If you thought revenge was fueling the beast, then... well, you may be right. She's probably still incredibly pissed for Curtis both aiding in her capture AND stealing her favorite son. But hell, it's too late to do anything about it now.

The beast rears back, screeching again as she lunges forward to snap at both Curtis and Leo. She snaps the trainer's spine between her teeth, cutting his life short before devouring the rest of his team.

Bad End: Lunch Special

IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE EXACTLY LIKE THE PREVIOUS ONE

The beast rears back, screeching again as she lunges forward to snap at both Curtis and Leo. Before she gets close enough to take the boy out, though, the Master Ball pops open with a flash. A silver blur moves through the air towards the trainer, and the Garchomp's snout bounces off the barrier of the Protect that Jirachi had thrown up.

He looks back at the boy, anger clear on his face, and screams loudly.

"WISH THAT WE WERE SOMEWHERE SAFE, NOW!"

Where's Tooth?
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 11:53 PM

Advanced Member

"It was nice knowing you, Curtis..." Leo whined.

CLANG!

Curtis heard the sound of the barrier rise, and the sound made when Mamachomp crashed into it. Curtis, who had buried his face in his arm, looked up to see a very determined very angry little star. Jirachi had saved them.

Oh shit yeah, the wish. Jirachi had been waiting for that for a while, huh?

"I wish you were with your friend!" Curtis said quickly. "In that other world!"

Curtis peered over the side of the barrier, to Mamachomp. Before anything happened, he wanted to make sure that he could at least say one thing before they left.

Hoping to get her attention, he yelled out, "Tell Tooth that I loved having him on the team! be sure to clean his teeth with unscented floss!"

He was really going to miss that Gible. Hopefully the mom actually knew that her baby was Tooth, and passed the message along. Poor Gible would probably think Curtis abandoned him lol.
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 12:54 AM

Advanced Member

Recoiling from the blow still, the giant dinosaur furiously swats at her snout with a winged hand, growling loudly and turning back towards the group as Jirachi's body lights up with a silvery light.

This is your final wish: for Jirachi to be transported to the dimension where his friend resides. Is this what you truly desire? Note, child...

The voice's tone drops down a bit, turning from it's monotone style to one more distinguishable as an actual being.

If you send the Wishmaster from this dimension, it will collapse, and every being here will cease to exist. An offshot dimension can only exist as long as the Wishmaster exists within it. Think carefully about this... because it will mean that you will cease to exist, as well. So, I will ask again.

Is this what you truly desire?

Recovered from her bounceback, the dinosaur roars again, making another lunge towards the group.
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:02 AM

Advanced Member

"Ye..."

O-oh. Curtis's heart dropped. And for one moment, for the first time since they met, he thought about breaking his promise to Jirachi.

Curtis clenched the legs of his hands and looked down. The fate of the world literally rested in his hands. His mother, his brother, his sister, Leaf, his Pokemon, his fans... He couldn't let them all die. A promise was a promise, but...

Mamachomp couldn't be held off forever; whether he made this wish or not, he was probably going to die anyway. Which was surprisingly comforting, believe it or not. He wouldn't have to live with the consequences of his wish.
Wait, no, don't think like that.

"No, I don't want that," Curtis said.

"What about..." Leo started. "Instead of Jirachi going there, his friend comes here?"

Curtis's head shot up high. "Oh, can we do that, Jirachi? Bring your friend here, instead?"
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:25 AM

Advanced Member

As you wish it, so shall it come to pass.

As Jirachi's body lights up, the air around his body begins to pulsate, silver light beating in and out in a growing, rapid rhythm. Every pulse pushes the air back, shaking the ground and sending the mother Garchomp back a few paces. The airstream kicks up again, swirling up and concentrating around the fairy's body. As the light grows in intensity, the world goes white, and the space around Jirachi seems to tear inward, slowly twisting from a rip in the space above him into a vague shape.

The air circles in around the figure, condensing into an orb of lights and wind, and suddenly the entire process ends with a pop.

A Mega Gardevoir, crowned with a ring of silver, floats where the rip had been.

Jirachi's body falls hard to the ground, the fairy lying limp and unconscious beneath the new arrival's feet. With the strong winds gone, the Garchomp returns to her quarry with renewed anger, wasting no time in rushing towards the trainer and Gardevoir with a frenzied screech.
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:32 AM

Advanced Member

Curtis was in awe. His jaw dropped as the Gardevoir appeared, like an angel that descended from the heavens.

The Pokemon's eyes opened. She looked down at the young man, a look of dissatisfaction on her face. "A human? I thought you were all dead?"

Curtis knelt down and extended a hand to Jirachi. But Laelette's foot stomped down on his hand, keeping him from saving the star.

"Don't touch him," she growled.

Before Curtis could respond, the Mamachomp was back on her feet. She rushed at the group with murderous intent. Curtis could reach out for one of his swords, hoping that he could make a move to defend them. No dice, the sword was just out of his range.

Laelette extended a hand forward, then blasted the Garchomp with the bright, pink light of Moonblast.
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:41 AM

Advanced Member

The overpowered Moonblast slams into the Garchomp with explosive force, hitting the dragon with the force of a truck and sending it reeling back into the interior of the warehouse. Screaming comes from within, the sound of the hiding Grunts within shrieking in fear at the sight of the beast. She flails around for a moment, writhing in pain, but quickly falls over silent on her side.

She's not dead, just fainted.

Speaking of fainted, it looks like Jirachi's coming back around. He stirs, head shaking, before his eyes open themselves slowly. They focus in on the blurry shape above him, and he takes in a breath. Before he can fully awaken, though, his eyes slam themselves shut again, the center eye on his chest reawakening as it takes control. Jirachi's body floats up slowly, head lolling to the side as the deeper voice speaks up.

It's a pleasure to see you again, Laelette. I did tell you we would meet again, did I not?
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 01:57 AM

Advanced Member

Laelette's eyes didn't bother to meet Jirachi. Instead, her attention was all on the warehouse full of people.

"I didn't expect us to meet so soon, star boy," the Gardevoir responded. "Care to explain why there are humans running about?"

Curtis's hand was still being stepped on. But luckily, Leo and Phantom were able to drag the swords into Curtis's free hands. Now all he had to do was chop Laelette's leg off...

"Miss Gardevoir, now's not a good time," Curtis said, his voice strained. "We need to get the Garchomp and her baby out of here; poachers are-"

"Poachers?" Laelette scoffed. "Of course they're poachers."

And on that note, Laelette extended her hands outwards. A wave of psychic energy hit the building. She mentally scanned the area, locking in on any Pokemon in the area. With any luck, she'd be able to drag them closer with a Psychic... or blast down the humans.
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 02:37 AM

Advanced Member

SCANNING FOR HOSTILES

There were humans left in the building, to be sure, but a majority of them had either already a) been mauled to death by other Pokemon or the Mommachomp or B) abandoned ship in classic Rocket Grunt fashion, leaving dozens upon dozens of caged Pokemon lying around inside the warehouse. A few of the escaped creatures, like the Bastiodon, slowly make their away around the unconscious Garchomp towards freedom.

Meanwhile, Jirachi continues to float in place.

Because this is not your wish. It is his.

He pauses, the eye in the center of his chest blinking once.

Well, it was. He used his last wish to bring you here.
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 02:50 AM

Advanced Member

While Curtis recalled his Pokemon, Laelette moved off of his hand and walked closer to Jirachi.

"So, I assume I'm back in my old world?" Her tone made it very clear how annoyed she was. "Since my wish was coldly stripped from me by this man, I think I should get some compensation. Send me back now, Jirachi."
PMEmail
^
Jirachi
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 10:46 PM

Advanced Member

I would, but I'm afraid that is impossible. For you see...

As the fairy speaks, the final spell tag on his head begins to shine, slowly fading from sight in a sparkling glimmer.

I'm all out of wishes. Bringing you here was this young man's last wish, and now you must live with the consequences.

The eye focuses in and out, darting to the side to stare at Curtis.

Be careful what you wish for. That's the saying.
PM
^
Curtis
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 10:55 PM

Advanced Member

"What?" the Gardevoir scoffed. "But the Pokemon, the Scraggy-"

She glared daggers at Curtis.

Curtis just bit his lip, then made this kind of face. Boy howdy, this was awkward. Maybe it was time to skedaddle and, uh, leave these two alone for now. Team Rocket was defeated and Tooth was united with his mother, so it was a job well done.

"Alright, me and my buddies are going to,,, head out now," Curtis said meekly. "It was nice meeting you all. Thanks for all the help, Jirachi. Maybe I'll send you a postcard from Kalos."

Laeltte turned back to Jirachi. This time, he was getting the eye-daggers. "Fine, Jirachi. Go find someone who will wish for me to go back."
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Sister Site!

RPG-D RPG Initiative