Collapse   Cbox
Welcome!
What We're About
Welcome to the Cafe du Watchog, also called RPGen. We're a sandbox style Pokemon site with a focus on everyday life in the Pokemon world. Trainers, Pokemon, criminals, cosmic forces, and normal citizens are all welcome to join in the fun. Kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us!

Staff
Here to Help You
Admin Team
Steven

Moderators
Nied

Open Threads
Quickly Join an RP

Add Reply
New Poll

sleepless in opelucid [mike]
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:26 PM

Dead Pop Star
Group: Humans
Awards: 2

Tara rolls over in the hotel bed. She can afford a real hotel now and it's quiet and private and it's just her and Fluffy and a false name that she gave the registry. She's got a phone now, and she could text Curtis, or she could text someone she actually knows.

Michael's number is in her contacts. And she can feel conflicting emotions bubble up. They haven't gotten better since the flight ended. She rests her head against Fluffy's back and sighs as she types.

hey. you up?

--------------------
every dream's a good dream, even awful dreams are good dreams.
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:31 PM

#1 Hero
Awards: 1

Things were still haywire on the other trainer's end. Stuck in his dockside motel, Michael struggles dealing with one string of bad text messages when another pings on his phone. Seated on the edge of the bed, he cautiously opens the new message, heaving a mental sigh of relief that it isn't who he thought it was.

He taps out a quick reply.

yeah im up how u doing

He... should really learn how to use punctuation.
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:34 PM

Dead Pop Star

Oh good she hadn't woke him up.

Orre was neat. Thanks for taking me.

She pauses, then rolls over on her bed. Fluffy huffs and pulls out from under her head, leaving it to hit the mattress.

No sarcasm at all. the Colosseum was fun.
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:43 PM

#1 Hero

The light of the phone illuminates Michael's grin.

heck tara you dont gotta say thanks i really wanted to show you my hometown

besides that id promised i was gonna and i dont break promises

next time ill take you to the one in the sw its was more cool

He pauses.

that is you know if you ever wanna go back with me again
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:50 PM

Dead Pop Star

There's a bit of jitters as she types. It still feels strange, what they have going on.

I wouldn't mind going back. Orre is... it's charming.

There's something nice about the atmosphere. It's rough and tumble and so different from Sinnoh.

And I really needed it. The entire visit was cathartic. Going all out like that... I worry for my next gym battle ヾ(´▽`;)ゝ
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:03 PM

#1 Hero

So she really liked it... well, of course she did! Orre was the greatest place in the world! Just, y'know, you had to accustom yourself to the bandits and sandstorms and hoverbikes. Baby steps, he's taking baby steps with her.

aw man you got no idea how happy hearing that makes me

the colosseum is a rewardingly tough place, nothing like a gym battle

and i spent a good chunk of time just wondering if you had really enjoyed it especially because of the run in with that other girl went

Hoo, had he even explained what that was about? Had she asked? Mike pauses, staring at his phone before taking a breath. Shit like this made his chest hurt.

if i never told you, shes an old member of cipher during their last incarnation

she was in touch with some of the other scientists so i wanted to see what she knew while we were back home

i hope i didnt worry you or make the trip any less fun while dealing with that, i just want to find these creeps and keep you safe
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:40 PM

Dead Pop Star

Oh. Her. Yeah, Tara had thought a few things about her. Not good things. Did she have any real right to be jealous? She's not sure. Sighing, Tara taps away.

I mean ヽ(。_°)ノ

She didn't ruin our time together, I just think you should have told me.

I think this would probably be better to talk about in person but (。し_し。) i don't know if we have any better options right nowwwwww

I guess it's just mixed signals or something.
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:53 PM

#1 Hero

Knew that was gonna come back to bite him in the ass.

youre right, and im sorry i didnt say nothing beforehand

but i was a little worried that if i told you that i was gonna be meeting a criminal for information that you wouldnt have wanted to come with me

if it helps any i did tell her that you were my girlfriend and you were coming with me

Criminy, how did telling her that help anything?

sorry i just realized that probably doesnt help at all

and im real sorry that im not out there training with you, watching your back like i said I would

but youre super strong and an amazing trainer and i know you're doing great out there on your own without me

we should plan a lunch in castelia or something sometime soon

Plenty of apologies, some ass kissing, and now to add the cherry on top...

i miss you
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:58 PM

Dead Pop Star

To be fair, she stopped reading for a while after the word "girlfriend" came up. Is it happiness or awkwardness that she feels right now as she holds her phone in her hands, staring up at the ceiling. But her ring tone keeps going off, and he keeps texting her.

She'd better read the rest.

i miss you too

For ten minutes it's all she can manage. Finally she starts typing slowly. She deletes her message several times. When it's over, her response is so much shorter than she thought it would be.

What are we?
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 12:07 AM

#1 Hero

Ten minutes.

When you read it, it's not long. It's ten minutes, a sixth of an hour. Such a small, insignificant amount of time that people don't even think about it as anything wasted. But when you're sitting in the dark, staring at your phone, hoping that every small vibration is the reply you're looking for... well, ten minutes can feel like a fucking eternity.

Michael had been counting the ticks that came from the wall clock. Twenty seconds. Fifty. One minute, thirty-seven seconds. Four minutes, fifteen seconds.

Seven. Nine. When the message finally hits, the eternity of those ten minutes fades away, and Michael's rush to read the message makes it feel like it had been three times that amount. What... were they? How many times had he asked himself that? In his mind he had the answer all wrapped up in a neat bow, but was that what she wanted to hear?

Didn't matter. She had messaged, so she expected something in return.

i dont know

Smooth.

but i know what i want us to be

The messages are spaced out, a minute apart, and the thumping in Mike's chest drowns out the sounds of protest in his mind. It's do or die.

i want you to be mine, and i wanna be yours. i think i really like you, tara mockingbird

sorry if that sounds dumb im not real good at expressing real emotions haha
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 12:23 AM

Dead Pop Star

Is it possible to feel both elated and soul-crushed at the same time? The two halves of Tara war for what sort of response to send as she stares at her phone for far too long. Then she takes a deep breath and sucks in air. Time to ruin things, or make them better.

(〃・ω・〃)

A silly face should soften the blow, right?

It's fine. It doesn't sound dumb. It's sweet. And I like you too.

I just didn't want to tell you because I'm a mess.

And I don't know if you want to be dragged down into it.

Each sentence takes too long to type and too long to send. And when she sets down the phone, she feels heavy.
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 12:40 AM

#1 Hero

Relief flood Michael's face, and he gives a little half-snorted giggle as the last of the messages come through. She said she was a mess, that she didn't want to drag him down into her personal problems...

But oH MY GOSH SHE SAID SHE LIKED HIM TOO AND THAT WAS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT

After some head-scratching, a little more elated laughter and a calming breath or two, Mike begins typing out a reply, fingers moving a bit faster than they had before.

thats really good to hear

really really good golly gosh dangit thats good to hear

Yeah, he should probably tone it back a bit. People often don't understand him when he's speaking Babbling Moron.

and i understand your not wanting to let anyone in

even me

but i can tell you right now tara, if i didnt want to be dragged down i wouldnt be here right now

im gonna keep standing by your side, no matter what comes or how big of a mess you claim there is cause i know that we can fix whatever it is together

Oh, wait... his phone has some of those smiley things too. And they're premade, so all he has to do it tap them!

(http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/happy.gif)

Neat!
PM
^
Tara Mockingbird
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 02:38 PM

Dead Pop Star

She can't help it. A few tears sting her eyes. It's sweet, especially with how isolated she feels sometimes. She feels a wet nose nuzzle at her face and pulls Babe onto her chest. The Tepig yawns and curls up to sleep.

(⌯⌅⌄⌅)

I'm not going to hold you to that, but it makes me glad to hear.

So uh. I'm in Opelucid. Wanna meet here? Or should I fly into Castelia?
PMEmail
^
Michael
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 03:54 PM

#1 Hero

Michael's eyes flick to the window, out across the moonlit dock one last time. Cipher could pull in at any second, show their faces the second he turns his back... but they wouldn't come down overnight. Not tonight, anyway.

i'll meet you in opelucid first thing tomorrow morning, just watch for the big dork on the flygon.

And they wouldn't go down tomorrow, either.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Sister Sites!

RPG-D RPG Initiative