Collapse   Cbox
Welcome!
What We're About
Welcome to the Cafe du Watchog, also called RPGen. We're a sandbox style Pokemon site with a focus on everyday life in the Pokemon world. Trainers, Pokemon, criminals, cosmic forces, and normal citizens are all welcome to join in the fun. Kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us!

Staff
Here to Help You
Admin Team
Steven

Moderators
Nied

Open Threads
Quickly Join an RP

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Pokemon Festa: Day 2: The Safari Zone
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 11:15 PM

The Worst Trainer
Group: Cafe Patrons
Awards: 3

Pokemon Festa was mysterious, in a way. How could they afford to bring people to Sinnoh the day before? How were they able to reserve almost the entirety of the Great Marsh? How were they able to pay for every participant, and give them enough Poke Balls?

The game was afoot. Everyone was free to run through the swamps, the lands, and the waters, and search for Pokemon as they saw fit.

Any Pokemon contestants were given orange sashes, which marked them as safe from capture. But honestly, what kind of weirdo Pokemon would go out and catch other Pokemon?

--------------------
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 03:24 AM

A Degenerate robbed of its Future
Group: Wait Staff
Awards: 1

Oh boy! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Uxie had heard about the Great Marsh (and knew quite a lot about it, duh), but they had never been! Today, they were in a human form, what appeared to be an ambiguously-aged boy in a bright yellow rain jacket and galoshes, with what seemed to be a pale blue sash wrapped around his eyes. An overly long one, too, as the two ends trailed down almost to the ground.

Man, he just had to show up, and they just gave him stuff! This place was neat! Cool!! And great!!! Right now, Ux was rolling around in the mud, laughing like a dork as they did so.

C'mon! You're gonna lose with that attitude! Let's see some hustle!!
PMEmail
^
Diancie
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 09:25 AM

Gem Princess
Awards: None

Aw HELL yeah! Not only was Ro allowed to stay in this huge ass hotel for free, and eat all the snackums that they had (for free), but now she got the opportunity to catch some new little buddies to play with? For FREE? This trip just kept getting better and better!

Standing on the outskirts of the plains area, a disguised diamond princess palms a safari ball, making sure that the sash she'd gotten from the gamemakers was secured tight around her head. "Aight, my ninjas! I'm fidnna catch the whole dang bunch'a ya, so come on out and get caught already!"

She giggles to herself. "Oh, I better catch twice as many as normal for Lana."
PM
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 01:43 PM

The Worst Trainer

Now, rolling in the mud is fine and all. But what do you do when you roll through a Wooper's personal mud puddle?

That was the question one Wooper wanted to answer. The little Pokemon stood at the edge of the pond and glared right at them. They also growled a bit, too.

"Twice as many as NORMAL," you say, Lana 2? Well, maybe a Normal Pokemon is that you shall receive!

Or not. Because as she took a step forward, something grappled onto Rocelle's legs. Vines. Vines that extended through the mud, leading straight to a Carnivine. And boy, did it look hungry.

Gale searched behind a bush. Maybe there was a Pokemon there?
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 04:38 PM

It took Ux a second to notice the Wooper glaring at him, and once he did, he clamored up to his hands and knees and crawled over, close, to the Wooper, with a big smile on his face. "Oh, awh, hello! Good day to you too! I've always had a big question for you: how do you scratch your face if you don't have any arms?"

Gale would feel a big, wet...something whap him in the back of the head. However...there wasn't anything behind him!

Ghosts! Ghosts!!
PMEmail
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 04:50 PM

The Worst Trainer

How. Honestly, that was a good question. And if Uxie chose to read the Pokemon's mind right there and then, it would know the answer: it would rub its face in the mud to cure its itchiness. IF ONLY IT HAD A PUDDLE TO DO THAT NOW, HUH?

But the answer that came out of its mouth was different.That answer was "Water Gun," because it used Water Gun right at the small man-boy.

Gale quickly turned his head in confusion. But there wasn't anything there? Nothing in his hair, so that was good at least.

He looked up. Maybe something was above him?
PM
^
Diancie
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 05:18 PM

Gem Princess

Oh SHIZNIT. Those vines pulled hard enough to knock Ro off her feet and into the dirt, mud and all that other great earthy stuff. Being a princess made of rocks herself, Rocelle wasn't actually too worried about it, but the hungry look on the flytrap's face as it drug her towards it in some Little Shop Of Horrors-esque movement was a little more unnerving.

"Jeepers, dude! What's up with you?" She frowns as she's drug, crossing her arms. "This is so not cool." It's even more not cool considering the slight type disadvantage she's up against. Raising a hand up, Ro summons some glittery pink crystals, flinging them down at the vines around her legs to try and break out.
PM
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 05:35 PM

The Worst Trainer

The rocks connected with the vines. Instantly, Carnivine recoiled its vines. Once they were all sucked up, it let out a small, mean hiss at her.

"Come, come, m'lady," he told her. "You're my Butterfree, sugar baby."

And then, it opened its mouth. A blob or purple, toxic-looking goop flew right at the fallen princess.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:30 PM

Ux WOULD have said, "Ahhh! I see. Thank you," in response to the Wooper's indignance, but the gush of water getting sprayed into his open mouth made it sound more like "Glbgblfbflfbbglbglb."

However, that didn't seem to phase Ux that much. In fact, he was now slightly cleaner! He gave a smile to the Wooper. "Whoa boy, you're a pretty spicy little boy! Or girl!"

Nope, nothing was above him

While Gale looked upwards, like a goon, something schemed in the bushes. It schemed, and planned, and thought carefully...before acting!

Something shot out of the bushes, wrapping around Gale's waist and attempting to yank him to the ground with a strong tug. It was long, red, rubbery, and above all slimy.
PMEmail
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:39 PM

The Worst Trainer

Tiddy boob.

The Wooper didn't seem too happy with Ux, to be honest. The fact that he still occupied their mud puddle was adding insult to injury on top of all that. This boy needed to be disciplined, and fast.

Wooper lunged at the boy's face, wagging its tail. It was attempting to slap his mouth with its tail.

>long
>red
>rubbery
>slimy

Gale had to admit that, as he was grabbed and forced to the ground, he secretly found the situation... appealing. It was a little embarrassing, but the whole tentacle thing was kind of fun.

But no time to worry. The man started to panic. Instinctively, he pulled a Safari Ball from his pocket, then threw it towards the bush.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 08:15 PM

What was this Wooper, Ux's mom?

Before Ux could say any more blithely naive statements, the slimy blue shake weight suddenly reared back and attacked! He got slapped right into the fuckin mouth, and that caused him to fall backwards into a sitting position in shock.

As he rubbed his chin, he carefully evaluated the scenario. While it didn't really hurt, getting hit was never fun. "Well, that was hardly necessary. I'm​ sure you and I can work this one out."

wow gross

The Safari Ball didn't seem to fix the problem. In fact, the bush shook slightly, right before the sound of (what sounded like) laughter could be heard.

Slowly, the source of the appendage made its way into the light. From the bushes strode forth a huge-ass Kecleon. Like, seriously, this thing was a monster. At least a foot, AT LEAST, bigger than the standard kec. Yeah, the appendage was its tongue, and in its right hand held the ball Gale tossed.

It laughed for a few more seconds before peering towards Gale. "Loose the pants. Gimme your stuff."
PMEmail
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 08:47 PM

The Worst Trainer

Can you read minds, Uxie? Can you read minds? Because the cause of his anger was radiating from his thoughts like crazy rain. It was haterade.

But since the Pokemon couldn't speak human language, and because it was CLEARLY dealing with a non-Pokemon entity, it merely let out an annoyed little squeal. Maybe it was supposed to be a threatening roar? An angry yell? A fearsome warning? Whatever it was, it sounded like the Pokemon did not want to negotiate.

Oh shit. Oh shit oh shit oh shit. Gale was now staring down a giant scalie, and it wanted his pants gone. It wanted his stuff. Oh shit, oh shit. He knew where this was going.

This was the stuff he lived for.

Gale couldn't let this happen. At least, not like this, in front of a crowd. He was just blushing and smiling at the thought.

But this wasn't the time or place. So instead, he pulled out a Safari Ball from his pocket. But instead of handing it over, he pressed it against the Kecleon's tongue.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 09:46 PM

What a naughty little peanut. Ux replied with a sage nod accompanied by a, "Mhmm. Mhm. Yes, I see."

Actually, you don't, loser, you have a blindfold on.

Either way, it looks like this Wooper was pretty peeved. What an issue! However, as perplexing and complex (complexing?) an issue as this was, Ux had just the answer for this. "You need a nap!"

And Ux yawned. A wide, deep, raw, primal kind of yawn. One that was not just a yawn, but a Yawn! "Geez, I think I need one too! Whew."

user posted image

Man, c'mon, that's no fair! Big Kek was very, slightly, momentarily distracted by the guy it was sticking up's weird flushing, and that proved to be its downfall in this instance. Its eyes bugged out, and it was dragged into the ball by a fuckin laser beam.

Gale had two seconds. Two second to pull his shit back together into the human-shaped pile again, because after two seconds, the Kecleon emerged from the ball, this time looking a bit more humored.

As it leered at Gale and laughed, it picked up the ball it caught beforehand and just chucked it at Gale's chest. "Don't make me repeat myself. Pants off. Stuff out.
PMEmail
^
Gordy
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 09:58 PM

The Worst Trainer

The Wooper was yawned at. And for a brief moment, it stopped its noises. Confused about the predicament, it was left turning its head in confusion.

OwO?

And then it yawned. Its face grew softer, and its anger seemed to leave it. He was too busy thinking about how drowsy it was.

Still on the floor, still not prepared to run. That wouldn't be very brave now, would it? ... The running part, I mean. Not the part about preparing.

Gale threw another PokeBall at it. And another, and another, and another. He was just chucking them out like crazy. Surely Top Kec couldn't catch them all, right?
PM
^
Diancie
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 10:05 PM

Gem Princess

QUOTE (Gordy @ Jul 4 2017, 04:35 PM)
The rocks connected with the vines. Instantly, Carnivine recoiled its vines. Once they were all sucked up, it let out a small, mean hiss at her.

"Come, come, m'lady," he told her. "You're my Butterfree, sugar baby."

And then, it opened its mouth. A blob or purple, toxic-looking goop flew right at the fallen princess.

Fun fact: the song Butterfly actually has snippets of an instrumental track released by The Red Hot Chili Peppers' in 1989. That just barely fits into Rocelle's 80's theme!

"Oh snap, incoming!" There was no way that Ro was gonna let that burple (blobby purple) ball of yuck ruin her nice fake outfit, let alone damage her also fake skin, so she does her best to roll sideways out of the gunk's way. As it sizzles on the ground an inch from her head, she frowns hard, shooting the Carnivine a nasty look.

"Hey, you dinkus! You coulda really fudged up my whole zen with that shit! Don't play ME like that, dawg! If you wanna fight..."

Time to let loose some shots of her own. Ro brings a hand into the air, forming a group of fist-sized diamond chunks above her fingers. She then throws her arm down, sending the volley hurling at the plant. "Then I'll give you one!"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Sister Sites!

RPG-D RPG Initiative