Collapse   Cbox
Welcome!
What We're About
Welcome to the Cafe du Watchog, also called RPGen. We're a sandbox style Pokemon site with a focus on everyday life in the Pokemon world. Trainers, Pokemon, criminals, cosmic forces, and normal citizens are all welcome to join in the fun. Kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us!

Staff
Here to Help You
Admin Team
Steven

Moderators
Nied

Open Threads
Quickly Join an RP

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bring Down The House, it's not my house, so why should I care
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 10:56 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Cafe Patrons
Awards: None

This was it. No more stalling, no more excuses, no more chasing Pidgey through the tall grass in hopes that one would attack you and you'd have to spend time recuperating and not fighting the gym leader. America now stood at the brink of victory, all her planning and preparation finally culminating in her conquering of... of...

Pewter City Gym's front door. The chime rings out America's entrance, and it causes her to freeze up in place until the door shuts back behind her. Dressed in her usual attire, America's traded in her cream-colored sweater for something a little more dangerous looking: a worn Kanto military vest is strapped tight to her chest, three Pokeballs clipped to the front. Looking around, she tries her best to regain her cool composure, marching over towards the center of the gym before speaking loudly into the air.

"My name is America Weston, and I've come to challenge the leader of this gym! Show yourself for battle, please!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 02:14 AM

A Degenerate robbed of its Future
Group: Wait Staff
Awards: 1

Echo....echo...echo....

America's words reverberated throughout the curiously empty chamber. For a second, it really, truly seemed like there was nobody here. Man, some gym, right?

But...slowly, the sound of footsteps started to pick up. First they were light pitter-patters, then solid footfalls, then quick steps that sounded like someone was running. From somewhere behind America, a bold voice rang out, "You're here to challenge the gym leader?"

Then the same voice, from in front. "To obtain your first badge? To WIN?"

Now to the left. "To do that, you need to beat me!"

Then, in front and to the right of America, someone dived in, kinda like someone trying to take a base in baseball. As they slid across the rock floors, dust was kicked up. Man, shit, a LOT of dust. Like, a fuckin cloud.

As the cloud suitably obscured everything, lights began to kick on. (As well, a coughing noise could be heard from the center of the cloud.) It took a second, but slowly, as the dust dissipated, a figure could be seen standing in the middle of the cloud. Arms crossed, this tall figure was easily recognizable to anyone taking the Kanto League Challenge: it was Brock! The, y'know, Gym Leader of Pewter City!

"Yes! It is I! The Gym Leader! Of Pewter City! Brock!"
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 10:38 PM

Advanced Member

Well that was... uh... very... odd. It was odd. Just stopped short of fucking weird territory, teetering right on the edge of that and the Valley of Get The Fuck Outta Here. America holds fast in the dusty entrance of the gym's leader, bringing an arm up to shield her eyes from the last of the fallout. Once Brock is done, she brings her arm down slow, eyes narrowed into slits as she stares him down.

"So... you're Brock." If that wasn't obvious from his introduction, then, fuck, I don't know how to help you girl. "I mean... you ARE Brock, obviously, but... uh..." Pausing, America looks down nervously, breathing in before she starts again.

"I am America Weston." You already said that. "I've come to... uhm..."

Cool is fading fast. A bead of sweat drops down America's brow, and she throws her arm out to the side after a decisive second. "I've come to fight you! Accept my challenge!"
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:13 AM

Brock nodded sagely, but otherwise quietly as America spoke. It was when the trainer finished that he gave some sort of vocal response, which was a "Hmm. Hmm. Hmm." for two seconds.

Then he screamed.

Well, okay, it was more of a shout. A triumphant shout, one with conviction, one brimming with confidence. One ready to rumble. Once again, he violently crossed his arms across his chest. "I'm ROCK HARD. In anticipation! I'm quivering, and shuddering, and fit to burst with eagerness to begin, but my rugged exterior prevents such a catastrophic failure to happen!"

Then the Gym Leader turned around, walking away as he gave America another nod. "Awkward America Weston! I can see you're just as sweaty and moist as I am! If I was any less COMPLETELY DIAMOND HARD, I would be rippling! In such excitement."

After he created some distance between him and America, Brock pivoted in place, triumphantly clenching his fist in front of himself. "I am Brock, a Rock type master! Much like me, my pokemon are solid walls of physical, not emotional, stability! To take down such rigidity, such...tumescence...would prove you a trainer truly capable of taking on the Indigo Plateau!"

Brock produced a ball, one that he held a little too tightly. "SO! Are you ready to begin our passionate embrace?"
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:12 PM

Advanced Member

Okay, time the FUCK out. America couldn't handle this guy's exuberant personality, and with every strange move and shout she grew a little more embarrassed to be here. Was this guy for real? Did all gym leaders act this way?

Or, wait... was he... was he just messing with her? Did he not take her seriously? That thought made her entire body flare up in anger, and her face quickly flushed with red. Trying her hardest to keep her composure, America stomps her foot down on the ground, ripping one of the Pokeballs off her vest.

"Do you not consider my challenge valid? Do you not take me seriously? Of course I'm ready to battle, but are you?" Lost her cool there for a second.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 02:05 PM

America's response caused Brock to double-take slightly, but he quickly rebounded with a laugh. "AHA! I love your enthusiasm! I had a good feeling about you as soon as you walked through the door...but don't think for a second that I'll go easy on you! With Brock, there's only one setting, and it's HARD and ROUGH! Like unhewn rock! Go, Geodude!"

Brock threw the ball he previously had a death grip on, revealing none other than, yes, a Geodude. The floating rock gave a flex, showing off some fine-ass musculature. This rock is sculpted, boy. "Time to test just how HARD you really are!"
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 08:03 PM

Advanced Member

Hoo boy, okay, here we go. America's eyes lock on the Geodude, and she narrows her eyes again as she thinks. Rock type, so it's weak against...

She nods to herself before rearing back, tossing the ball in her hand high into the air. "Let's go, Tank! Take the field!" The red flash reveals an excited Squirtle, hopping from foot to foot as it looks on at it's opponent. America points her other arm forward decisively, aiming for the rocky creature.

"Water Gun!" Tank cries out happily, bringing its head back before firing off a fast-moving jet of water at Geodude.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 10:52 PM

Well, I mean, that's to be expected. Squirtle's one-third of the Kanto starter pack, and it's super effective, so...yeah. Something Brock has seen more times than days America has been alive.

So, of course, he knew how to shake this up.

Brock smirked. "A good move! Although, while the first lesson of training is type effectiveness, the second is strategy! And I have a solid one coming at you!" He pointed at Tank the Squirtle, stabbing his finger through the air unnecessarily forcefully, shouting, "Geodude! Dam that Water Gun with a Rock Tomb!"

The Geodude ceased its flexing quickly, thrusting its hands into the ground, where it ripped a large stone out of the ground. However, rather than chucking it at the Squirtle, it rather clung to it, utilizing it as a shield against the flush.

"Always expect the unexpected! That is the most critical thing to remember as a ROCK HARD trainer!"
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 04:08 PM

Advanced Member

You want strategy? Well, you're in for a surprise Brock, because America has the most impressive, well-thought-out strategy you've probably ever seen. She copies the leader's movement, jabbing a finger through the air into his direction, and then calls out her master plan.

"Water Gun, again! Pound away at that shield!"

That... uh... that wasn't actually a great plan. It's just kind of like... Plan A. Like the most basic of strategies. Tank happily complies though, training another spout of water onto the Geodude like she's trying to hit the clown in a carnival game. Hopefully she'll bust through that rocky defense soon.

PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 06:15 PM

"Hah!" Brock crossed his arms and threw his head back as he laughed. Well, less 'laughed' and more 'just a single, loud HAH'. "While I can commend you on your throbbing tenacity, you, as a trainer, must learn to adapt! Strategize! You can't just win through brute force and determination!"

As Brock kept fuckin talking, Geodude continued holding the stone up. The water seemingly just washed off the sides, uselessly, but only seemingly. Unbeknownst to the 'dude or the dude, a magical process was taking place. A very special geological phenomenon. Called erosion.

With a sudden crack, the torrent of water caused the stone to cave in, towards the now-very-shocked Geodude. As the floating rock got overtaken by the Water Gun, Brock just stood there, shocked.

"Uh...okay, apparently brute force and determination...hmm....yes, YEAH, of course!" The taken-abackedness was quickly replaced with a triumphant grin, and Brock punched the air while Geodude just laid there. "Such raw tenacity, such power! Wielded by someone exceptional!"

As Brock dug around in his pockets, Geodude slowly came to its...feet... It turns out what the leader was looking for was a handkerchief, which he dabbed his brow with as he pointed towards Tank once more. "HOWEVER! I won't be doubting myself again, America Weston. Geodude, use Magnitude!"

The rock nodded and raised two clenched fists, only to bring them down onto the field floor with enough force to cause a fissure to form. The crack, which I'd rate at about a...seven out of ten quickly snaked its way towards the Squirtle.

PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 11:27 PM

Advanced Member

He sure does talk a lot for such a stern-looking guy. And the strange dialogue, along with his mannerisms, makes Brock seem a little... well, unstable. Speaking of things being unstable, the floor quickly cracks in two, chasing Tank as she tries to retreat out of the way. The Squirtle isn't quick enough, and it's waddling comes to a halt as the fissure breaks and swallows the little turtle up.

America watches on, bringing a hand up to her chest when Tank disappears. She steps forward cautiously to the edge of the fissure, peering into the darkness. "Tank...?"

A pudgy blue claw shoots up from the fissure, gripping to the side and pulling itself up. America heaves a sigh as Tank crawls up back onto the field, wincing as she shakes some of the rocky debris from her shell. America's face shifts back to it's determined demeanor, and she aims a finger at the Geodude. "We never doubt our power! You won't shake us that easy, Brock! Tank, use Water Gun again!"

The Squirtle complies, giving the Geodude an angry look before shooting another blast of water towards it.
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 11:24 PM

As the Squirtle got swallowed up by the fucking earth, Brock just stood there, arms crossed, laughing raucously. "Behold the majesty, the power, the raw turgidity of the Earth!"

Unfortunately, it seems like the Earth wasn't turgid enough, because Tank managed to claw his way right out of the Magnitude. That caused Brock's grin to fade and sour slightly, but he wasn't gonna just take this. "Hmph! No matter, you'll see the real power of Rock! Geodude!" The rock flexed as Brock swept his hand through the air. "Rock Tomb!"

Seems like this was going to be the brute force option. Rather than pull that shield bullshit like last time, Geodude dutifully plucked a rock straight out of the ground, and with a slight grunt, it chucked the fuckin thing at Tank.

However, in attacking, it left itself wide open. A rush of water overtook the poor rock, and once the moisture dissipated, what was left in Geodude's place was a now-unconscious rock.
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 12:04 PM

Advanced Member

If anything in this gym was turgid, it was Brock. That flamboyant man kept throwing America off with his laughter and mannerism and verbose way of going about things. She's not one for talking more than needed, so the whole thing was kind of overwhelming.

Speaking of being overwhelmed, it looks like that third squirt was enough to down the rock, and BOTH it's arms, permanently. Well, maybe not permanently, but long enough for the match to conclude.

Except shit, was it really concluded? America's eyes were too focused on the enemy to refocus on the chunk of solid rock flying through the air, and she can only gasp when it reaches it's terminal velocity and reenters the atmosphere just in time to crush Tank's skull with a dull thunk.

"Tank!" It's a cry too late, as the Squirtle is conked straight the hell out, spinning off to the side before fainting. She pauses, watching her Pokemon before stepping towards the field, breaking into a small sprint as she picks the turtle up.

"Uh... uhm..."

Her eyes move back to Brock. "Is that... it? Is the battle concluded?"
PM
^
Fresh Niederactus
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 10:05 PM

Hmmmm. Hm.

As Brock returned Geodude, he let out some more raucous laughter. And some more, and more, and more. He only stopped his laughing to point at America. A fun detail: he was holding a Heavy Ball in his free hand.

"Exhilarating! I can see you're pretty ROCK HARD, a fine trainer indeed! But lemme show you something, something that proves I'm even more rock hard! The battle isn't over yet! Go, Onix!"

Hey, you know what America probably wasn't expecting? Well, a lot of things, but one of the things she was probably expecting the least was an almost-30-foot-long rock snake to just hop on out of the ball.

And behind the Onix was Brock, arms crossed, ready to rumble.
PMEmail
^
America Weston
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 11:37 PM

Advanced Member

Oh. Well, I guess it wasn't concluded. It, in fact, had just increased in intensity by about 1000%. Tank was down, there was a giant rock snake on the field, and America was completely, utterly fucking lost here. But she wasn't down yet! This monster was a doozy of a beast, sure, but it wasn't that terrifying!

user posted image

Not even... a little bit.

user posted image

She had no reason to be afraid. This was a gym match, not a personal attack. The Onix wasn't going to eat her... right? That wasn't something people could just do. They couldn't just make big snakes eat you. Besides, she had two loyal companions in her roster! She had... had...

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, okay, things were actually looking pretty grim here. But she could't give up, not yet. With a bracing breath, America rears back, throwing out the ball that holds her Happiny, Cleric. "All right... let's do this! Cleric, use Thunder Wave!" Here's to hoping that the same move that froze up Tank would work on this massive opponent. The Happiny gives off a tiny war cry as she waddles her way slowly across the gym towards Onix, slapping at it's lower links with two hands full of possibly paralyzing power.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Sister Sites!

RPG-D RPG Initiative