Collapse   Cbox
Welcome!
What We're About
Welcome to the Cafe du Watchog, also called RPGen. We're a sandbox style Pokemon site with a focus on everyday life in the Pokemon world. Trainers, Pokemon, criminals, cosmic forces, and normal citizens are all welcome to join in the fun. Kick back and enjoy a cup of coffee with us!

Staff
Here to Help You
Admin Team
Steven

Moderators
Nied

Open Threads
Quickly Join an RP

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A wrong turn, or right, depending on your POV, 'perspective' was a little too long
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 12:33 AM

Advanced Member
Group: Humans
Awards: None

Man, why do my characters keep getting lost?

"Okay, well, there's no fuckin way that this is Pinwheel Forest. I know I haven't been here for a real goddamned long time, but I KNOW I'm in the wrong place. Just where the hell am I?"

Collum had a hand on his chin as he walked around Ilex Forest, audibly trying to navigate his way through the Shitty Forest Full Of Trees. Most of said forests looked the same, but this looked pretty goddamned different.

A disproportionate amount of my characters get lost, but this was on a whole other level.
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 12:38 AM

The Hero of Truth

The forest was strangely quiet, but it wasn't like the sights and sounds of a forest would be lost on this boy.

Hilbert Black would be stumbling within it, no Pokemon by his side as his hands gripped his bag's strap, walking right over fallen over trees and rotting trunks. Perhaps a Pokemon had scared others away from here...?

It was hard to see within it, either way. With how the trees blocked sunlight, and with how dense it was... But a part of him liked the atmosphere, forests weren't always this pretty.

He'd eventually find himself hearing the noises of crunching leaves and twigs--the tracks that someone else was around...

Surely it couldn't...

Hilbert would chase after the noise, scrambling and almost tripping over some stuff before he'd hurry after them from behind.

"Hey--ack, wait up!"
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 12:47 AM

Advanced Member

"Enh? Who's what?" Collum turned his head back, spotting the awkward figure closing in on him. Perhaps he'd feel a bit more suspicious about the figure if Collum hadn't watched him nearly eat shit on a log. As Collum turned around, it seemed more and more like the forest was just a little too dense, as it looked like he didn't recognize Hilbert....at first.

Collum placed his hands in his pocket. "What's up? You some new trainer or some shit?"
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 01:01 AM

The Hero of Truth

Hilbert would manage to catch up with the trainer, huffing and huffing as his hand went up to adjust his trademark hat, lifting the brim over his eyes to catch a good look at Collum.

...His imagination played him yet again.

His expression would instantly meld into disappointment, but it'd quickly return to a small little smile, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. "Ah, something like that, I guess... Hey, uh, nice forest, huh?"

Clearly, he was just trying to save the conversation, but Collum would be able to note that this Hilbert was definitely older than any Hilbert he'd known before. Seemed like he grew a tiny bit. Keyword being a TINY bit.

At least he looked a bit more mature?
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 01:39 AM

Advanced Member

Collum narrowed his eyes. It was mostly due to that dumbshit 'nice forest, huh' comment, but there was something about this rando that felt...familiar. It was almost pottery, with Black thinking that Collum was someone he knew but wasn't, and now the other way around was happening.

It was mostly the voice and the nervous conversation save that was familiar, but as the guy in front of him raised his hat slightly, Collum felt more and more like he knew this guy. However, 'don't I know you' is a bit of a pointless question, since Collum was from another universe, BUUUT....

"...yeah, it's an okay enough forest, I guess...not used to them movin' everything around, but there's not shit that I can do about that."

what a delightfully absurd statement
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 01:49 AM

The Hero of Truth

What a delightfully absurd statement.

Hilbert would offer up a cheeky little smile, as if trying to reassure Collum that yeah, his words were definitely conversation material. Then again, it wasn't like he did much better himself--though he supposed that he could bail out anytime he felt the need to.

He'd take a step, turning his side to Collum as if he were turning to leave.

"Is that why I've been stuck around here...? It moves around?"

A light little snicker would follow.

"Sounds pretty intense, but nothing I can't handle!"

A thumb would be pointed right towards himself, his easygoing expression sort of fading.

"Hey, uh, you see a green-haired dude around this place recently?"

Sweet and right to the point.
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 01:57 AM

Advanced Member

man, what the fuck was this guy talking about

The first few things Hilbert said sounded like some cheesy anime protagonist shit, and that completely puzzled Collum. But rather than say something along the lines of 'what is wrong with you', he chose to bite his tongue. Best not to ruin the relationship here by calling Hilbert a fucking loser.

So instead, Collum cocked a brow. "Only green-haired person I know is N, and I haven't seen him around here." Or anywhere, in a good, long while. N was currently on Collum's 'to-find' list, if he hadn't gotten fuckin arrested yet.
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:07 AM

The Hero of Truth

Being cheesy despite not believing in his cheesiness was one of the things he at least had going for him, but his eyes would instantly widen upon hearing Collum just casually talk about...N like that.

How could this guy just...know them? Had N been somewhere with this guy in the past few years...?

He'd shake his head, turning his body back towards him, his expression toughening up as his hands found their way to his hoodie pockets.

"Where...have you seen him, then? How do you know him, even?"

That blank look would start to soften into a slight frown.

"I've been looking for N for a while now..."
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:13 AM

Advanced Member

Whoa shit, the guy hardened the fuck up almost immediately when N was mentioned. Collum was taken aback, and his eyes widened slightly as he stood straighter up. "Huh? I know...well, knew N some time ago, me and him would occasionally run into each other. It didn't really hurt that I was a Sage, and....oh holy shit."

Aha, there we go. "Black! Uh, shit, what was your first name....Hill...Hillary...Hillboy...Hil, oh shit, Hilbert! That's it, Hilbert Black!" Collum brought a hand to his forehead as as he gave a sigh of relief. "Shit, I didn't think I'd run into you just outside Nacrene, in fuckin Pinwheel Forest of all places!"

something fucky's going on
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:24 AM

The Hero of Truth

Did he just say he was a Sage? Wait, what?

...What?

The more this guy talked on, the more confused Hilbert felt himself getting. In fact, his eyes would widen the most they had in a long time when he heard them utter his very own name.

Were...they a fan or something? He thought he was done with that, though...?

He'd offer him an uneasy little smile, his hands clinging onto the inside of his hoodie.

"Um... We're in Johto, buddy, and if you're a fan, then sorry, I'm...really not Champion material anymore, alright?"

...Still, he couldn't just leave the weirdness out of it, did he just...know N by coincidence and didn't interact with him extensively...?
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 03:01 AM

Advanced Member

"Johto? Hah, shit, I really must've made a wrong turn somewhere..." Wow, he seems kinda nonplussed about that, maybe he's-

"WHAT THE FUCK, JOHTO? How the fuck did I get into Johto? Fucking backwater-ass Johto? Goddamn it, I just left the Center, I stopped by the cafe, I exited Nacrene and entered Pinwheel, and suddenly I'm in motherfucking..."

Collum took a second to look around, before making a 'Hmm...' noise. "Oh shit, hey, this is Ilex Forest, isn't it?" He looked around, glancing at the paths in front of and behind him. "....oh fuck, man, yeah, this is looking kinda familiar now. Imagine that."

Still doesn't explain why he's in Ilex Fucking Forest, but hey, at least he knows how to get out of the forest. So that's a plus!

Anyway, it's looking like Blapck's getting weirded out. Perhaps this needs to get fixed. Collum adopted an uneasy smile as well, putting his hands up slightly in front of him as he attempted to help Black feel better. "Shit, that's right, you became Champion, I heard about that...look, uh, I'm not a fan....well, I suppose I am, but, uh...shit, how can I phrase this..."

This isn't EASY. In fact, it's the opposite. It's pretty damn hard! So how could he put this? "Look, I used to know you. And we became friends! But I ran into some difficulties, and suddenly nobody remembers everything, and as it turns out....well, more and more evidence is stacking that I fell into a, like, ALTERNATE UNIVERSE or some fuckin stupid shit like that."

There was a silent few seconds, a buffer moment ever so helpfully provided by Collum for Black to process this. Then Collum chuckled, veeeerryyy awkwardly. "And I know, that sounds fucking absolutely completely utterly fucksidedly stupid, and something that a person who is certifiably goddamn insane would say, and I would agree if I hadn't gotten shunted off into the Distortion World by Giratina, but...! Here I am, despite all logic, reasoning, sense, and common goddamn decency. In the wrong region, no fuckin less!"

Collum could feel himself staring at himself, burning with first-hand second-hand pity. He was making a real ass out of himself. However, he wasn't the only one burning here: the air around Collum was starting to increase in temperature slightly, becoming somewhat more toasty in the immediate area around him.

"So, uh, lemme guess: you don't believe me?"
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 04:47 PM

The Hero of Truth

This went from zero to one-hundred REAL quick.

Hilbert's brows would raise from under his hat as he watched them blabber on about apparently somehow being in Johto, something about just being in Nacrene...?

Not even that, but he started blathering about apparently being an old friend, about...being from another universe.

At this point, Black could only raise a hand from out of his hoodie pocket, adjusting the brim of his hat as he tried to not make eye contact. He wasn't completely sure how to respond, honestly, but he did know one thing.

He didn't know this guy.

"I mean... I don't, honestly, I've never heard of anything like that happening before, y'know?"

His expression would be a bit unreadable, a click of the tongue as he tried to drum up his own thoughts.

"Maybe you dreamed that up or something? You sorta did just say you were in Nacrene, so like..."

...It dawned on him that he didn't know where he was going with this, but he'd start to frown.

"...I dunno, dude, I'm sorry, but I...really don't remember being friends with you."
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

"Ah.."

Yeah. That was what Collum figured. His brow furrowed as he sighed, muttering, "I figured that was what you were gonna say....man, there's gotta be fuckin something I can do that's convincing...I managed to get pokefucker to believe me..."

What a motherfuckin quandary! Also, Collum could tell that he was starting to weird out Hilbert. "Look, uh, guy, I KNOW I can find some way of proving this shit to ya, just give me a second. Gotta take a second to think.."

Collum spun around, choosing to look away from the Hilboy as he rubbed his chin. "Just need a motherfuckin second, I know I can prove it..."
PM
^
Hilbert Black
 Posted: Sep 9 2016, 06:28 PM

The Hero of Truth

It'd been a while since he was this stunned, just from the sheer...presence of this guy. He seemed friendly enough, but...very eccentric.

With a small little shrug, he'd lean in towards them, flicking that cap up some as he rocked back and forth on his heels. He supposed that time wasn't exactly of the most essence, and admittedly, the dude was kind of entertaining, if only because Black had never met a guy like this.

"If you know you can prove it, why don't you like... Tell me something about me? You know, not something out of one of those magazines or whatever, like, a...thing a friend me would tell you."

He already felt silly talking like that, but what was the harm in indulging it?
PM
^
Collum Dawes
 Posted: Sep 9 2016, 09:41 PM

Advanced Member

Oh shit, an opportunity! Nice. Collum slowly turned back around. "Well shit, I didn't actually expect you to give me a chance." He breathed a sigh of relief, bringing a hand to his face. "Hah! Okay, shit, uh...well, I remember, what I remember is that you were traveling alongside, uh....the guy with the cat, Cheren! And Bianca, the one with the hat. Also, I remember shorts being there sometimes, uh, Hilda I think?"

As Collum thought, he realized that this didn't exactly sound like privy information. Shit, gotta think of something else. "I was there occasionally, I, uh, didn't follow you always....oh shit, uh, I remember you getting your pokemon stolen, by, like, Plasma, right? It was one of the monkeys, you were real fucked up about it! I remember, since I didn't know how to help you feel better." As it turns out, Collum wasn't very good at helping people feel better. He was good at kicking, though!

"And, uh....well, that's all I can remember right now, off the top of my fuckin head."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Sister Site!

RPG-D RPG Initiative